The City Manager is hired by and accountable to the City Council to oversee the day-to-day operations of the City.
The City Manager is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the policy direction set by City Council is implemented and that the city's delivery of public services is provided in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Preparing a recommended budget for City Council.
- Recruiting; hiring and supervising city staff.
- Enforcing city ordinances.
- Purchasing and contracting.
- Supervision of fiscal operations.
- Providing complete and objective information to the City Council to support its decision-making process.
- Focusing attention on city goals, major projects, and long-term considerations such as capital improvement projects, land use development, capital financing and strategic planning.
- Attending all City Council and Economic Development Corporation meetings and is the Executive Director of the Economic Development Corporation..
- Accomplishing all duties while adhering to a very specific, detailed, and professional City Manager's Code of Ethics.
City Manager - Contact usnet|liveoaktx||swayman - (210) 653.9140, ext. 2261All city offices use one address:
City of Live Oak
8001 Shin Oak Drive
Live Oak, TX 78233