New Code Compliance Officer
We have added a new Code Compliance officer to our team. His name is Luther Perez and brings with him several years of experience in Code Compliance. We are excited to have him in Live Oak. If you see Luther out and about in our city please give him a nice welcome.
2017 NEC Adopted by the State
The Texas Electrical Safety and Licensing Act requires the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) to adopt the revised National Electrical Code (NEC) as the electrical code for the state of Texas. TDLR has adopted the 2017 NEC as the electrical code for the state of Texas and has established it as the "minimum standard" for all electrical work in Texas covered by the Act.
New On-Line Permitting
We have a new feature added to our permitting process. Development Services offers under Permits, Inspections & Applications the option to register an account with us to apply for permits online. Choose the Online Permits option and setup your own account by establishing an e-mail and password of your own choosing. You will then select the Register New Account option and will be prompted to set up your contractors account using your Live Oak contractors account number exclusive to you. If you don't know your contractors number please give us a call and we will be happy to look it up for you. Your request will be sent to us alerting us that you have requested a permit. This process is quick and paperless. We will let you know when your permit is ready and can take your payment over the phone. Once payment is received we will upload your permit and receipt into your contractors account. You will also have the ability to upload smaller plans and other documents we might require. Once you have received your permit you will have the ability to receive your inspections through your online account. Please check back with our site for additional options for our permitting and inspection process. We have included a screenshot of our website page showing how to access the site where you can register online.
On March 27, 2018, the City of Live Oak, Texas, adopted the following list of Codes w/amendments as Ordinance #1559 for the Building Code and Ordinance 1560 for Fire Code.
- International Building Code, 2018 Edition w/amendments
- International Residential Code, 2018 Edition w/amendments
- International Mechanical Code, 2018 Edition w/amendments
- International Plumbing Code, 2018 Edition w/amendments
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2018 Edition
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2018 Edition w/amendments
- International Fire Code, 2018 Edition
- International Performance Code for Buildings and Facilities, 2018 Edition
- National Electrical Code NFPA 70, Current State Adopted Edition without Article 80
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, Current Edition
- Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code, 2018 edition