The Live Oak Municipal Court is a Court of Record, and handles all class C misdemeanor traffic and City Ordinance violations written by Live Oak Police, Animal Control, and Code Enforcement Departments. This function is staffed by two people.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:45pm (Closed daily 12:00 - 1:00pm)
Calendar Year 2014
Municipal Court is generally held the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month. Check in time is 12:30 p.m. Court starts at 1:30 p.m. Defendants are seen on a first-come first-served basis.
*All times are approximate and may be later than posted depending on case load. No phone calls accepted while Court is in session.
All persons entering the Court shall obey the following rules:
- Dress appropriately
- No talking in court unless addressed by the Judge or Court Personnel
- No pocket knives, tools of any kind, or sharp objects (leave them in your vehicle)
- Conduct himself/herself in a respectful and courteous manner
- No signs of any type will be allowed in the courtroom
- No food or drink items allowed
- No electronic devices
- Cell phones (must be on silent or off)
- MP3 players, PDAs, cameras, laptops, ipads should be left in vehicles or at home unless needed for your court case
Seating is limited to Defendants and their Attorneys only. Others will be asked to wait in the lobby.
• A telephone call does not constitute an appearance.
• Continuances are not granted by phone; you must appear in person or by an attorney.
Click the link to see the Live Oak 2014_COURT_CALENDAR
Defensive Driving/Driver Safety Course:
Defendants with certain traffic violations may request Defensive Driving providing they have not taken it within the last 12 months and were not going 25 miles or more over the speed limit.
Note: Defendants possessing a Commercial License are unable to participate in Defensive Driving or Deferred Disposition.
To request Defensive Driving, defendants must provide:
- Proof of current insurance with defendant’s name
- Copy of driver's license
- Payment of $109.10 in the form of a money order, cashier check, credit card or cash. Personal checks are not accepted.
All requests for Defensive Driving must be completed in person on or prior to the actual court date.
Deferred Disposition requests require the defendant to speak with the Judge or Prosecutor in person.
Failure to Appear
If you do not show up on your scheduled court date or prior to that date to pay the fine, you may receive an additional charge for Failure to Appear.
Payment of Fines
Paying a citation may be done in person, by mail, or online.
To pay online go to www.liveoaktx.net
• click "Pay My Bill Online" or "Online Payment", then select "Municipal Court"
• search by Driver's License & Date of Birth, or Citation number & Date of Birth
• pay using your MasterCard or Visa
If you received a yellow or green pre-warrant notice in the mail you must contact the court within ten (10) days to resolve your citations. Failing to respond may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest and a hold being placed on your Driver's License.
Please direct any additional questions to City of Live Oak Municipal Court or reach us by phone at (210) 945-1799. Please be aware that no personally identifiable information may be transmitted by email.
City of Live Oak Municipal Court
8022 Shin Oak Drive
Live Oak, TX 78233