City of Live Oak Animal Care and Control
Monday – Friday – 9am – 6pm
Saturday – 10am -2:00pm
Sunday and Holidays – Closed
LIVE OAK ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL
OUR MISSION IS TO PROMOTE PUBLIC HEALTH AND
SAFETY FOR THE CITIZENS OF LIVE OAK AND THEIR
PETS THROUGH EDUCATION AND ENFORCEMENT.
- Handles complaints regarding loose animals, injured or dead animals, biting and attacking animal incidents, and animal cruelty.
- City licenses sold.
- Database kept on all city animal licenses.
- Small animal traps loaned.
- Arrange low cost vaccination clinics with local veterinarian.
- Conduct education programs with local elementary schools.
- Provide assistance with wildlife nuisances.
We are located at 8001 Shin Oak Drive, between the Fire Department and Public Works Building.
Dog and cat license required. Ord 1302 section 6
It shall be unlawful for the owner to have, harbor or keep, or to cause or permit to be harbored, kept, or to be free of restraint, any unlicensed dog or cat.
Animal Control Ordinance - City Ordinance Number 1302. Read all the details here. ("pdf" format)
Fees and Fines
Animal Control Fees
|IMPOUNDEMENT (1st Offense)||$30.00|
|IMPOUNDEMENT (2nd Offense)||$40.00|
|IMPOUNDEMENT (3d Offense)||$50.00|
Animal Control Citation Fines
|ALLOWING ANIMAL TO RUN AT LARGE (Dog or Cat)|
|FAILURE TO LICENSE PET|
|FAILURE TO VACCINATE FOR RABIES|
|KEEPING MORE THAN 4 ADULT ANIMALS|
|KEEPING A DANGEROUS DOG|
|(Fines are set by Judge)|
Direct any questions to Animal Control Staff by e-mail email@example.com or phone (210) 653-9140, ext. 228.
Pets picked up in Live Oak in August
Micro-chipping available at this shelter
Live Oak Residents $10.00
Low Cost Spay/Neuter and Vaccinations
Check out Rescue Me!
To view all animals curently at the shelter - click this link
Additional Animal Control Informational Links