Code of Ethics
We abide by the Code of Ethics established by the American Institute of Certified Planners. We are a member of the Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association. For more information about the American Planning Association, please visit their site here.
Planning and Zoning Commission
As a Planning and Zoning Commissioner, I hereby pledge to maintain ethical standards by ensuring that all issues brought before me are properly aired without undue influence or impropriety in fact or appearance. I shall also strive to ensure that my decisions will promote the entire community’s best interests over the long term. In so doing, I will always endeavor to:
- Serve the public interest by:
- Recognizing the rights of citizens to participate in planning decisions by expanding the choice and opportunity for all persons.
- Giving all citizens full, clear and accurate information.
- Assisting in the clarification of community goals.
- Ensuring that information available to decision makers is also available to the public, as appropriate.
- Protecting the natural and the built environment.
- Paying special attention to the interrelatedness of decisions and the long range consequences of present actions.
- Strive to achieve high standards of integrity and proficiency by:
- Exercising fair, independent and honest judgment.
- Publicly disclosing any personal interests in a matter being brought before the Commission.
- Define any personal interest broadly.
- Abstaining from participation in a matter in which I have a personal interest as defined in the Municipal Charter, Code of Ordinances, Chapter 171 of the Texas Local Government Code or to a higher standard as determined by my own personal values.
- Seeking no gifts or favors.
- Not using confidential information to further a personal interest.
- Not disclosing confidential information.
- Not misrepresenting facts or distorting information.
- Not participating in any matter unless prepared.
- Respecting the rights of all persons.