The City of Live Oak is in Stage 2 Watering Restrictions
Stage 2 begin when the 10-day rolling average of the Edwards Aquifer level drops to 650 feet mean sea level at the monitored well.
- All restrictions from Stage 1 remain in effect, unless added to or replaced by Stage 2 rules.
- Landscape watering with an irrigation system,sprinkler or soaker hose is allowed only once a week from 7-11 a.m. and 7-11 p.m.on your designated watering day, as determined by your address.
- Watering with drip irrigation or a 5-gallon bucket is permitted any day but only between 7-11 a.m. and 7-11p.m.
- All residential fountains and indoor commercial fountains can operate at any stage of drought. Outdoor commercial fountains must have a Live Oak variance in order to operate during drought stages 1 through 4.
- Watering with a hand-held hose is allowed any time on any day.
- All non-public swimming pools must have a minimum of 25 percent of the surface area covered with evaporation screens when not in use. Inflatable pool toys or floating decorations may be used for this purpose.
- Washing impervious cover such as parking lots, driveways, streets or sidewalks is prohibited. Healthand safety exceptions to this rule may be requested from the City of Live Oak in writing.
- Residential car washing is allowed during drought once per week on Saturday or Sunday as long as there is no water waste.
- The use of commercial car wash facilities is allowed any day.
- Hotels, motels and other lodging must offer and clearly notify guests of a "linen/towel change on request only" program.
- And don't forget to follow these year-round rules:
- Water waste is prohibited at all times. Allowing water to run off into a gutter, ditch, or drain or failing to repair a controllable leak is considered water waste.
- Restaurants may serve water only on request (to reduce dishwashing).
- Charity car washes are allowed only at commercial car wash facilities.
- *Watering Day is determined by the Last Digit of Address: 0 or 1 = Mondays; 2 or 3 = Tuesdays; 4 or 5 = Wednesdays; 6 or 7 = Thursdays; and 8 or 9 = Fridays (No watering on weekends.)
Water Restrictions Stage 1, 2, 3 & 4
Please continue to conserve wisely!
2022 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report