The City of Live Oak’s City Secretary Office is the official repository for all City Council actions, records management, and election preparations. The Office of the City Secretary supports all departments within the City, but the primary function is the daily management, which includes accurate posting, recording and documentation of official city actions, property and insurance program for the City, attending meetings and recording the minutes, holding City elections and keeping current on all changes of election laws.
The Department of the City Secretary is responsible for the following areas:
- Elections: Scheduling and overseeing all City Elections in accordance with the Texas Election Code
- Record Management/Retention: Acting as custodian of all office records of the city in accordance with Texas Library & Archives.
- City Council, Ethics Review Board and Parks and Recreation Commission meetings: Giving notice of meetings, preparation of Agenda’s and Minutes.
- Ordinances: posting, assigning an identification number, scanning the documentation and maintaining the codification process.
- Resolutions: posting, assigning an identification number, and scanning the documentation.
- Public Information Requests: Processing the requests for public information
- Ethics Ordinance: Ensuring that ethics violation procedures are adhered to.
- Alcohol and Coin Operated Machine permits: Ensuring notification to the businesses, collecting fees and assigning permits.
- Public Information Act Handbook
- Open Record Request Application
- Open Meetings Act Handbook
- Ethics Ordinance 1377
Staff Contact Information:
City Secretary TRMC
– (210) 653-9140 extension 2213