Scott Wayman was hired by the City of Live Oak in September of 1987 and has been the City Manager since 2014. He is hired by and accountable to the City Council to oversee the day-to-day operations of the City.
He is responsible for, among other things:
- Ensuring that the policy direction set by City Council is implemented and that the city's delivery of public services is provided in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Focusing attention on city goals, major projects, and long-term considerations such as capital improvement projects, land use development, capital financing and strategic planning.
- Preparing a recommended budget for City Council.
- Recruiting; hiring and supervising city staff.
- Enforcing city ordinances.
- Purchasing and contracting.
- Supervision of fiscal operations.
- Providing complete and objective information to the City Council to support its decision-making process.
- Attending all City Council and Economic Development Corporation meetings and is the Executive Director of the Economic Development Corporation.
- Accomplishing all duties while adhering to a very specific, detailed, and professional Code of Ethics established by the Texas City Management Association.
City of Live Oak
8001 Shin Oak Drive
Live Oak, TX 78233