Making Your Decision Easier
State and local governments know that economic development is critical to the success of our communities. For that reason, ordinances have been enacted to provide significant incentives to locate here-and make your decision to locate or expand here a lot easier!
The City of Live Oak Economic Development Corporation was created in 1996 to expand and diversify the city's economic base. The EDC has used tax abatements and tax increment reinvestment zones to facilitate quality development. The EDC is open to using other facilitating mechanisms, but will consider each on a case-by-case basis. The EDC's incentive package is determined by five criteria:
- The number of jobs created
- The average wage and the gross annual payroll generated
- Capital investment
- The amount of new property taxes generated
- The amount of sales tax generated.
Depending upon these factors, the City will carefully examine, but consider:
- Tax Abatements
- Reinvestment Zones (Tax Increment Financing)
- Chapter 380
- Sales Tax Rebates/Other
The Economic Development Corporation is open to using other facilitating mechanisms, but will consider each on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions on the incentives mentioned above, please contact Donna Lowder at 210-653-9140, extension 2219 or Michael Hornes at extention 2286.
2017-2018 CitySmart Program - City Public Services
CPS Energy commercial rebate program - City Public Services' CitySmart program & Small Business Program literature is now available on the CPS Energy website: https://commercial.savenow.cpsenergy.com/. Join CPS Energy's no-cost program and let them identify energy-saving opportunities in your facilty and provide services and incentives to assist large commercial, government, schools, and small businesses like yours. They can help identify incentive opportunities for new buildings or significant renovations which could lower energy bills by around 30 percent with a few simple no or low-cost upgrades. The program includes the following benefits for participating organizations:
- CASH incentives for A/C, Lighting, building envelope, and custom measures associated with renovation and/or new construction projects
- Technical assistance to review construction plans and assist in prioritizing energy-related opportunities and projects
- Public Relations to communicate project results to local communities
- Communications Support to publicize your energy efficiency
- Energy performance master planning workshops
- Energy performance benchmarking
Small Business Program can lower your facility's energy cost with:
- A no-cost assessment of your facility to idenify energy-saving opportunities
- Recommendations on energy efficiency measures
- Estimates on potential savings, project costs and payback periods
- Installation of energy-saving equipment
- Incentives toward energy-efficient equipment and measures
- 2016-2017 Commercial Energy Eff. Program Information
- Small Business Program Information
- 2016-2017 CitySmart Program
HOW TO GET STARTED:
Ready to save? CPS staff is dedicated to different market sectors whether it be large or small and will be ready to assign the correct person to assist with each project. For more information, contact CPS Energy Efficiency team at 210-353-2SAV (2728) or firstname.lastname@example.org.