Disqualifiers for Employment
The following are disqualifiers for employment for all positions:
- Membership or affiliation with any criminal street gang.
- Intentional omission, deception, or failure to cooperate during any portion of the application or background process.
- Financial irresponsibility
- Unstable employment history as a result of poor performance, termination, negative behavior, inability to maintain a job, etc.
- Driving history showing a pattern of irresponsibility, negligence, recklessness etc.
- Any voluntary and/or willful consumption or use of marijuana in any form including marijuana derivatives, or synthetic marijuana within the past three (3) years from the date of the application.
- Any voluntary and/or willful consumption or use of any illegal drug (other than marijuana) within the past five (5) years from the date of the application.
- An applicant admits or is found to have grown, sold, transported, or dealt drugs of any kind will result in a permanent disqualification.
- Use of any prescription drug or legally obtainable substance in a manner for which it was not intended within the past three (3) years from the date of application.
- Conduct involving excessive and/or recent use of illicit substance or excessive use of intoxicants shall be considered on a case-by-case basis with consideration given to circumstances and the date(s) of use.
- Conviction, admission or currently under indictment of any felony, or equivalent offense under federal law or the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).
- Conviction of any Class A or B misdemeanor in the past 10 years, or equivalent offense under federal law or UCMJ.
- Conviction or pending charge of family violence.
- Currently under investigation for, or are considered a suspect in, any criminal offense.
- Not been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions including, specifically;
- under other than honorable conditions
- bad conduct
- any other characterization of service indicating bad character
As of: 2 February 2016